Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Hitting the Wall


At some point in everyone’s life, we hit a wall. Some call it a mid-life crisis others refer to it as their wake up call. Sometimes it shows up in the form of a sudden shock—the death of a loved one, life threatening illness or accident, losing your job or home, or the breakup of a long-term relationship. For others, it slowly sneaks up and one day when you least expect it, when you stop long enough to think about it, you feel it. There is a nagging feeling inside but you cannot figure it out. You're supposed to be happy, but for some reason, your not.






Next Come The Questions
 

However this crisis appears, it causes us to ask ourselves some very simple, but yet challenging questions. Ultimately we reach what I call the quintessential questions: who am I, what am I supposed to do, and for some—where did I come from and where do I go after I die?


Mine Came With A Vengeance Mine didn’t sneak up on me, it whacked me, and it hit me so hard it broke my neck…and I left my body, watching it collapse from a distance from some part of me that didn’t have any form. I never told anyone this story for almost a decade. At first, I ignored it, but then I couldn’t.
One day, about three weeks after the surgery when I was off the morphine drip and all the tubes and hoses were removed, I had returned to my home and was recuperating in a makeshift hospital room. I couldn’t feel my neck or my arms, I couldn’t walk and I couldn’t talk too well. My neck and shoulders were wrapped in a brace and to say the least, I was very depressed. I was so depressed that I shouted a silent prayer to God, “Why did you do this to me?” 
In less than 3 minutes, the door handle jiggled and in walked my three-year old son, Grant, who said, “Daddy, you work to hard,” and then he left. Three days in a row, with three silent but agitated questions to God, Grant came in the room and answered those prayers.
This was the beginning of my wake up call and it lasted a very long time, over a decade in fact. I never told anyone about this for fear of being ridiculed or losing my position of power and esteem in the public world of Big Five consulting. I was after all, the CEO of Ernst & Young  Consulting in Singapore at the time. 
If that was all that happened, I might have been fine, but this was just the beginning of a series of events that rattled my life and caused me to question my very existence.---One day I watched my hand write, not knowing what was coming out.---Over the years, no less than ten strangers told me that an angel saved me.---Sometimes I wondered if there was a sign stuck on my back.
Last May, in 2012, a book came out of me and I wrote it in eleven days. Hence the title, "11 Days in May: The Conversation That Will Change Your Life". It's 36 short parables that help explain the essence of life and living, pain and suffering, thoughts and intentions and of course, science and religion.
So here is the funny part—I had no idea what I wrote. In September of 2012, 11 Days in May was published and set 6 best selling records on Amazon, including #2 in Religion and Spirituality, #8 in Self-Help and #89 in the top 100 books. In January of 2013, it won the 2012 Digital Book World Publishing Innovation of the Year Award. See press release here.

Why Am I Telling You This?So why am I telling you all of this? Because my name, coincidence or not, is Messinger, and I have a message: we don’t have a soul, we are a soul and we have a unique purpose in life.
That purpose is not to retire and stop at 401k and we are not consumers. 
What I discovered is that understanding our soul purpose is the most important question we can answer in life, and once we do, it will change everything, resulting in greater peace, purpose and fulfillment.
Discover Your Purpose, Restore Meaning To Your Life.
I’m still hoping for a television interview so if anyone out there can help me in that regard, I would be most grateful. :)
If you're interested in participating in a 2 hour webinar or teleseminar, you can sign up here for more information. 
With gratitude for all that you have done, and all that you will yet do.
Together, we are one. God bless …(She is real)!
JD

No comments:

JD Messinger Radio Show